I’ve received so many questions about what I eat during the day and if there are foods that still taste good. The simple answer? Yes! The longer answer is that the keto way of eating doesn’t limit you on what you can have, it simply means modifying some of the ingredients and portions to satisfy your cravings. This is going to be a great series starting with breakfast and in other articles, I’ll have a recipe for lunch and dinner as well.
Drinking some water is the starting point of a keto diet. Water is essential because keto diets dehydrate you to some extent and it will help to keep your body hydrated. It is advisable to drink water as soon as you wake up. Keep a water bottle on your nightstand to help you remember!
Start your day off right, with a meal that will give you the energy to get through the morning. Indulge in a wonderful breakfast that is healthy and tastes great! As we welcome the fall season and pumpkin spice everything is hitting the shelves, this great recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes with a Pumpkin Butter is something you get to enjoy guilt free!
Pumpkin Pancakes with Pumpkin Spice Butter
For the pumpkin butter:
1/2 tbsp 100% pumpkin
3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
1/16 tsp stevia in the raw
For the pancakes:
2oz cream cheese
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Starting with the pumpkin butter, mix together butter and pumpkin and microwave for 10 second intervals until smooth.
- Once smooth and hot, add Stevia to taste.
- Next, the pancakes. Blend together cream cheese, eggs, coconut flour and pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium and add a tablespoon of butter.
- As soon as the butter begins to brown, add half your pancake batter.
- Once you see bubbles popping up through the pancake, it’s your cue to flip. The pancake should be mostly cooked at this point.
- Cook for another 30-60 seconds, remove from pan and add to a plate.Repeat with pancake #2.
- Top both pancakes with pumpkin butter and enjoy!