Celebrating Easter in Venice
If your family is anything like ours, Easter is usually a big celebration with family and friends. A nice honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, candied yams, asparagus with hollandaise sauce… and of course, deviled eggs after the kids have finished with coloring them. We love watching the little ones hunt for the plastic eggs in the yard and sharing their treats with each other. This year is a lot different with everyone practicing social distancing, but we can still get awesome family meals from our local favorites!
Celebrating Easter in Venice
Most of our regular activities for Easter may not be happening this year. Stay tuned to this page for updates on where safe events will be throughout Venice and the surrounding areas.
Activities for Kids in Venice for Easter
**More Information Coming Soon!**
Egg Your Yard in Venice
Imagine having your child wake up on Easter morning to a yard filled with treat-stuffed eggs and you didn’t even lift a finger? This year, we will be offering our services to come and Egg Your Yard in Venice for a small fee! We’ll also be offering upgrades such as a personalized letter from the Easter Bunny, a prefilled Easter Basket with a stuffed animal, candy and goodies, or bunny foot prints on your front porch/doorway!
- Choose how many eggs you want stuffed and delivered to your home and if you want them delivered Saturday between 5-9 pm or 9:30 pm-12 am.
- We will include one special “Golden” egg with an added surprise.
- Choose any add-ons and any notes on special requests (we can’t promise to fulfill them, but we’ll do our best!)
- We will be in touch with you Friday night with an approximate time for your delivery.
What is in the Eggs?
WHAT’S IN THE EGGS?
Each egg (plastic, in pastels and primary colors) will be stuffed with one of the following:
Snickers, Twix, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Starburts, M&Ms, Laffy Taffy, Jolly Ranchers, Nerds, Smarties, and Sweet Tarts,
—all sealed in individual packaging, as well as some fun little trinkets and toys (erasers, bouncy balls, etc.)
Unfortunately, we’re unable to accommodate the needs of children with peanut and gluten allergies.
What if it Rains on Saturday night?
In the case of terrible weather, we’ll leave the eggs on your doorstep in a basket with a note that reads:
Happy Easter! Love, The Easter Bunny
We’ll wrap it in cellophane to keep any moisture off of the eggs.
How Do I Order?
Details to order this for 2021 will be coming soon!
Where Can I Get Easter Dinner in Venice?
*Note: This is information from 2020, post will be updated once information for 2021 is available!*
While most restaurants are back to operating at 100%, there are still families that prefer to remain home for the holidays and opt for take-out. However, there are restaurants that are offer a special menu for that day only.
- Rosebud’s Steak and Seafood: will be offering an herb-crusted rack of lamb from 1-8 pm on Easter Sunday.
- The Maine Line: This is a food truck located on the border of Nokomis and Venice at 1001 Tamiami Trail from 11-4 PM. They will have an Easter Special consisting of 1 lb of Maine claw and knuckle lobster meat, 6 New England rolls, 16 oz of Maine clam chowder with Westminster oyster crackers, 16 oz of homemade cole slaw, butter and mayo for $80! Call ahead to reserve yours for pickup or delivery, 941 246 9090.
Shark Bites Deli
While Shark Bites Deli is known for their sandwiches and fresh salads, they are preparing a special Easter feast they are calling their “Hop-Out Baskets”. There will be 3 different dinners to choose from that will have everything you need for a family meal. An appetizer, main course dinner, side dishes, dinner rolls and dessert. $39.99 per adult. Kids meals are also available with a choice between ham or London broil with mashed potatoes, a dinner roll and dessert for $9.95. Dinners must be pre-ordered by calling 941-244-2863 from 9 AM to 2 PM or you can also text your oder to 509-607-9127.
- Appetizer: deviled eggs, spinach artichoke dip, or smoked salmon dip(you choose 1 per person)
- Main Dish: Salmon, Ham, or London Broil(1 per person)
- Sides: rosemary roasted potatoes, potatoes au gratin, honey glazed carrots, grilled asparagus(choose 2 per person)
- Dessert: vanilla sour cream pound cake with rhubarb sauce, lemon cream cheese pie, carrot custard cake(choose 1 per person)
The meals will be pre-packaged to be reheated in your home. Orders MUST be placed before Friday, April 10th at 2 pm -with pick up on April 11th from 11-1 pm. They are also offering to have your meal delivered for a 5.99 delivery charge
801 Tamiami Trl S, Nokomis, FL
British Open Pub
From their Facebook Page: “located at 367 Jacaranda Blvd. in Venice, and can be reached at (941) 492-9227 or BritishOpenPub.com. We are currently open Noon – 8pm everyday! This week, we are offering a Special Prime Rib Dinner complete with Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, Butter, and even Peach Cobbler for dessert!! Order with us by Thursday and pick up on Friday or Saturday!! (Sorry, no Sunday pickup available- We will be home with our families) Everything will be ready to warm up or ready to eat now- just let us know what you prefer! Starting at only $49! (serves 2-3) Thank you for your continued support!! Have a Blessed Easter and stay safe!”
Sharky’s on the Pier / Fins at Sharky’s
Call the Diner at 941-451-2832 to reserve yours today!
If you would like to support our efforts on this blog and on Facebook, we would certainly appreciate you considering a contribution!
Click–>Show Your Support For Venice Foodies!