Easter Dinner in Venice
If your family is anything like ours, Easter Dinner is usually a big celebration with family and friends. A nice honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, candied yams, asparagus with hollandaise sauce… and of course, deviled eggs after the kids have finished with coloring them. We love watching the little ones hunt for the plastic eggs in the yard and sharing their treats with each other. This year is a lot different with everyone practicing social distancing, but we can still get awesome family meals from our local favorites!
Takeout Easter Dinner in Venice
There are a number of restaurants that are still open for takeout, curbside carryout and delivery and several are already offering family meal bundles. For the holiday, several of them are offering special menus for that day only.
- Rosebud’s Steak and Seafood: will be offering an herb-crusted rack of lamb from 1-8 pm on Easter Sunday.
- The Maine Line: This is a food truck located on the border of Nokomis and Venice at 1001 Tamiami Trail from 11-4 PM. They will have an Easter Special consisting of 1 lb of Maine claw and knuckle lobster meat, 6 New England rolls, 16 oz of Maine clam chowder with Westminster oyster crackers, 16 oz of homemade cole slaw, butter and mayo for $80! Call ahead to reserve yours for pickup or delivery, 941 246 9090.
Shark Bites Deli
While Shark Bites Deli is known for their sandwiches and fresh salads, they are preparing a special Easter feast they are calling their “Hop-Out Baskets”. There will be 3 different dinners to choose from that will have everything you need for a family meal. An appetizer, main course dinner, side dishes, dinner rolls and dessert. $39.99 per adult. Kids meals are also available with a choice between ham or London broil with mashed potatoes, a dinner roll and dessert for $9.95. Dinners must be pre-ordered by calling 941-244-2863 from 9 AM to 2 PM or you can also text your oder to 509-607-9127.
- Appetizer: deviled eggs, spinach artichoke dip, or smoked salmon dip(you choose 1 per person)
- Main Dish: Salmon, Ham, or London Broil(1 per person)
- Sides: rosemary roasted potatoes, potatoes au gratin, honey glazed carrots, grilled asparagus(choose 2 per person)
- Dessert: vanilla sour cream pound cake with rhubarb sauce, lemon cream cheese pie, carrot custard cake(choose 1 per person)
The meals will be pre-packaged to be reheated in your home. Orders MUST be placed before Friday, April 10th at 2 pm -with pick up on April 11th from 11-1 pm. They are also offering to have your meal delivered for a 5.99 delivery charge
801 Tamiami Trl S, Nokomis, FL
British Open Pub
From their Facebook Page: “located at 367 Jacaranda Blvd. in Venice, and can be reached at (941) 492-9227 or BritishOpenPub.com. We are currently open Noon – 8pm everyday! This week, we are offering a Special Prime Rib Dinner complete with Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, Butter, and even Peach Cobbler for dessert!! Order with us by Thursday and pick up on Friday or Saturday!! (Sorry, no Sunday pickup available- We will be home with our families) Everything will be ready to warm up or ready to eat now- just let us know what you prefer! Starting at only $49! (serves 2-3) Thank you for your continued support!! Have a Blessed Easter and stay safe!”
Sharky’s on the Pier / Fins at Sharky’s
Known locally for her private chef and catering business, Hosted Gourmet will have Easter Dinners ready for pickup! Protein selections include chicken, ham, coconut shrimp, with a vegetarian option as well. It will be served with red skin smashed potatoes, corn casserole, lemon balsamic green beans, berry and Brie salad with honey basil dressing and homemade biscuits. For dessert, you will have the choice of key lime tart or orange creamsicle cake Only one of them are traditional ham . Pickups will be from 11am -8 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Place your order online at www.hostedgourmet.com.
Call the Diner at 941-451-2832 to reserve yours today!
Check out some of our other recent posts:
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Loaded Fauxtato Au Gratin
- Guide to Food Trucks in Venice, Florida
- Homemade Apple Crisp Recipe
- Venice Foodies Restaurant Bingo
If you would like to support our efforts on this blog and on Facebook, we would certainly appreciate you considering a contribution!
Click–>Show Your Support For Venice Foodies!