Watermelon Mint Lemonade with Shark Tooth Vodka: Summer Cocktails!
Summer has arrived and now we need all the summer cocktails! I have found the recipe for you, it is perfect for summertime BBQs. A Watermelon Mint Lemonade with Shark Tooth Vodka! The recipe calls for watermelon, lemon juice, simple syrup and mint leaves along with locally made Shark Tooth Vodka. All you need to do is mix everything together in a pitcher or blender and serve over ice! Keep reading for more information and the recipe, or pin it for later!
Watermelon Mint Lemonade
This refreshing watermelon mint lemonade is super quick and easy to prepare. This is one of those recipes you’ll want to tinker around with to find the right flavor combination for your tastes. For example, the amount of Shark Tooth Vodka you need to add will vary depending on how juicy the watermelon is and how strong you want the drink to be.
How Do I Make A Mint-Infused Simple Syrup?
Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, and add sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the fresh mint leaves, stirring to ensure that they’re wet. Let mixture cool and store in an airtight container for 2 days before using.
How Do I Know How Much Simple Syrup To Add?
The watermelon alone adds a lot of sweetness to your lemonade, therefore you may not wish to sweeten it further. It really depends on how sweet you want the final results to be. If you’re like me, the sweeter the better. For this recipe, it’s up to you how much of the syrup to add, but generally speaking, it’s between 1/4 and 1/2 cup for the recipe below. If you are looking for a low sugar or no sugar alternative, you can always use a stevia based simple syrup instead of making your own. I would recommend one of these syrups:
How Can I Keep My Drink Pitcher Cold In The Summer?
Living in Florida, I’ve perfected the art of keeping my drinks cold even during the intense heat of summer. Start by making a few extra drinks minus the alcohol a few hours in advance. Then, freeze in either cubes or a silicone mold to add to the pitcher without watering down your drink! Personally, I love the little nugget ice that comes from this silicone mold that I scored on Amazon for around $15 to use in individual drinks.
What Is Shark Tooth Vodka?
I am loving Shark Tooth Vodka! It is made from locally sourced ingredients and distilled right here in Venice! You can find it locally sold at Venice Fine Wine and Spirits or Sarasota Wine & Spirits. Each bottle comes with an actual Shark Tooth necklace as well. From their website:
“Shark Tooth Vodka is a premium corn based spirit with a recipe specifically designed to embody the contentment of living in Venice Florida, the Shark Tooth Capital of the World!
Sourcing locally gives us ultimate control over all aspects of the taste we get from our unique distilling techniques, allowing us to create the perfect spirit. Shark tooth Vodka has an delightfully smooth beginning, reminding you of the smooth gulf breezes flowing across Venice. As the vodka hits your pallet, a wave of flavor crashes across your taste-buds, reminding you of a salty shark bite, then as fast as the wave hits, it’s gone as it settles back into an magnificently smooth finish. Shark Tooth Vodka. Experience the bite!”
Not a fan of vodka? Try These Other Cocktail Ideas
- Siesta Key Silver Rum: Add with a squeeze of lime for a Fruity Twist on a Mojito
- Midori and Cointreau: Summer Japanese Slipper
- Fireball Whiskey: Sugar and Spice Watermelonade
- Pink Moscato: Bubbly Watermelon Lemonade
- Triple Sec and Tequila: Ruby Margarita
What if I Want To Make A Non Alcoholic Version?
My daughter loves being able to have fun drinks like the adults at a party, so I try to make “mocktails” for her as well. For this recipe, I simply replace the vodka with ice cold water or even sprite to make it extra fun. The recipe can be altered to taste by substituting the watermelon with other fruit like blackberries, strawberries or pineapple.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, stems removed and crushed
- 6 cup fresh watermelon, rinds removed and cut into chunks
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (6-8 medium lemons)
- ½ cup Shark Tooth Vodka
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, tightly packed with stems removed
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Start by making the simple syrup: add the sugar, water and crushed mint leaves to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and discard mint leaves. Cool completely before using.
- Add watermelon chunks, lemon juice and ½ cup Shark Tooth Vodka to a blender and blend until liquefied. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove any larger particles.
- Sweeten with mint-infused simple syrup to taste.
- Bruise ½ c. fresh mint leaves with fingers to release oils and add to the bottom of a large glass pitcher or jar. If serving immediately, add ice cubes to the container and pour the watermelon mixture over top. Add fresh lemon slices to the container for garnish.
- To serve, pour over ice and add a sprig of fresh mint and a lemon slice for garnish.
If you prefer a non alcoholic version, replace the vodka with cold water.
- Watermelon Mint Lemonade with Shark Tooth Vodka: Summer Cocktails!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Creamy Butter Sauce
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Spicy Honey Mustard Dip
- Disney Copycat Recipe – The Grey Stuff
- Classic Margherita Pizza
- Simple No-Churn Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream Recipe