No-Churn Banana Frozen Yogurt
No Churn Banana Frozen Yogurt is the answer to your dessert woes. If your house is anything like mine, you go through stages of “bananas”. One week, you buy a large bunch of bananas and they are gone in a day. The next week, you buy two bunches of bananas and suddenly no one likes them anymore. Sound familiar?
No Churn Banana Cream Frozen Yogurt
That’s why this recipe is amazing! When you have all those extra bananas that are starting to get brown and bruised, peel them, pop them into a Ziploc bag, and off to the freezer they go.
Ice cream is one of those desserts that we have more often than we should. Especially living in Florida when it’s pretty much summer all year long. When the ice cream craving hits, opt for a healthier version that the whole family will love! The recipe is at the bottom of this post, but let’s chat a little bit about why this recipe is so great.
Why is Frozen Yogurt Healthier Than Ice Cream?
In general, frozen yogurt is healthier than ice cream. This is because by substituting yogurt for cream generally has less calories and fat. There is also another side to it though, because making a sweet treat yourself ensures that you know all the ingredients. You decide what goes in, if you want to add anything extra, etc.
Can I Use Regular Yogurt Instead of Greek Yogurt?
That is absolutely an option to use regular yogurt as a substitute for Greek yogurt. Just keep in mind that Greek Yogurt tends to be creamier than regular yogurt. Just make sure to add a little bit more to your recipe to get the consistency you are looking for.
What If I Don’t Like Cream Cheese?
I know the recipe sounds weird, putting yogurt and cream cheese together. Trust me, it’s really delicious how they play off of each other. The rich flavor of the cream cheese balances the light creaminess of the yogurt to make the texture and flavor spot on. If there is any advice I can give you about this recipe, it’s to find the right balance for your tastebuds. The tangy Greek yogurt and mild cream cheese are still powerhouses of flavor. You can play with the ratios a bit to find the one that works best for you.
What Equipment Will I Need?
You don’t need a bulky ice cream maker to enjoy delicious frozen treats at home. This homemade frozen yogurt consists of just a few ingredients and doesn’t require any churning or complicated equipment. A powerful blender or food processor is enough to get all the ingredients together quickly.
What’s The Best Way To Make No Churn Banana Cream Frozen Yogurt?
Check out the recipe below and pin it to your Pinterest board or print it for your own safe keeping, you’re going to want this!
- 2 large bananas
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- ¾ tbsp real vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey, preferably local
1. Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Place banana slices in a plastic freezer-safe bag and place in the freezer until frozen.
2. Add yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and frozen banana slices to powerful blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the blender to loosen the mixture).
3. While blending, drizzle in honey until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more honey, if desired.
4. Transfer contents of blender to a freezer safe dish and cover tightly. Place in freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
5. To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with slices of fresh banana or other favorite toppings.
Fresh banana slices
Crushed graham crackers
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 44mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 6g