Grilled Chicken & Brie Panini
I think this Grilled Chicken and Brie Panini is the perfect Summer panini. As our weather gets warmer, we are embracing the wonderful flavors of summer that we love so much. The creamy melted Brie, peppery arugula, and the savory warmth of the spicy peach compote perfectly complement grilled chicken breast in this delicious sandwich.
Grilled Chicken and Brie Panini
with Spicy Peach Compote
Chicken and Brie Panini: The Perfect Summer Lunch
To save time, you can use rotisserie or off-the-bone chicken from your deli counter if you don’t have any on hand already made at home! If you’re not too crazy about greens then feel free to substitute with chopped fresh basil instead– it’s just as yummy either way! But let’s talk about the real star of this sandwich, the Spicy Peach Compote.
First, You Have To Make The Spicy Peach Compote
This quick and easy peach compote is as versatile as it is delicious. Try this tasty compote on a sandwich, or to flavor your chicken, pork, or fish dishes with some fruity flair! In fact, if you check out my recipe for Margherita Pizza, you could even add a drizzle for a spicy twist! For best results make sure you prepare the dish at least 1-2 days in advance for all of the flavors to develop fully.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: approximately 3 cups
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped (about ½ medium)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 – ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 large rice peaches, diced (approximately 4 heaping cups)
- 3 Tbsp honey, preferably local
- 2 Tbsp water
How To Make The Spicy Peach Compote
- Add olive oil, garlic, and red onion to a large saucepan set over medium heat. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the rosemary, cinnamon, and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and the spices become very fragrant, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, peaches, honey, and water to the skillet and stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a rapid boil. Immediately reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the peaches are soft and the mixture starts to thicken, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for several minutes. Working in batches if necessary, transfer the warm peach mixture to a blender and quickly pulse for a few seconds just until blended, but not completely smooth.
Then It’s Time To Make The Panini!
Check out these in process photos!
- ½ c.up spicy peach compote
- 4 ciabatta rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced thin
- 4 oz. Brie, rind removed and sliced
- Potato chips, to serve (optional)
1. Spread the savory peach compote on the cut surface of the ciabatta rolls.
2. Top half of the rolls with the arugula, chicken breast, and sliced Brie. Add remaining bread on top to form a sandwich.
3. Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and add the sandwiches. Press down on the sandwiches with a spatula or a clean heavy cast iron skillet for better contact while grilling.
4. Heat until the bread is toasted, approximately 4-5 minutes, before carefully turning the sandwiches. Repeat on the remaining side until toasted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately along with some potato chips or choice of side dishes.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 546Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 125mgSodium 702mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 49g