Loaded Fauxtato Au Gratin
If you are looking for a low carb side dish to impress even the most skeptical person in your family, this loaded fauxtato au gratin is one for the list. By using cauliflower in place of the potatoes, you are increasing the amount of fiber, which decreases the net carbs in the dish! Plus, if you have a significant other or child in your life that is ultra picky about vegetables like mine, this is a fabulous way to sneak in those veggies!
Recipe for Loaded Fauxtato Au Gratin
4 cups cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
¼ c. heavy cream
3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried dill
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1½ cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe… Try These!
If you would like to support our efforts on this blog and on Facebook, we would certainly appreciate you considering a contribution!
Click–>Show Your Support For Venice Foodies!